The 2012 TOCICO International Conference is looking for presentations that demonstrate applied research and new knowledge for theory of
constraints leveraging the Shoulder of Giants (SOG) process. Each submitted paper will be reviewed by the Conference Committee and all presenters will be chosen by the committee.
|The TOCICO is seeking
presentations for the 2012 Conference building on the 'Shoulders of Giants'
more about the process and to see the six steps of the process, please
click on the following link:
Six Steps SOG Process
CALL FOR PAPERS IS CLOSED!
Call For Papers, Submission Guidelines
In a constant search
for presenters who are at the leading edge of the Theory of Constraints
development and application, the 2012 TOCICO International Conference Committee
invites you to share your new knowledge and case studies of the Shoulder of
Giants Process at the 10th Annual International
TOCICO Conference. Each submitted paper will be reviewed by the
Conference Committee and all presenters will be chosen by the committee. Should
you wish to present a paper at the Conference or recommend someone, the
following must be submitted by no later than
1st February 2012:
- One page abstract of 50 to 75 words which should include the author(s) name(s), company, titles, the topic of the presentation, presentation title, presentation goal and key learning points, the material covered in the presentation as well as three attendee benefits. Also please indicate whether the presenter is a practitioner, consultant or academic. If selected, the information will be used in conference promotional literature and the conference brochure.
- Speaker biographical information 100 to 200 words in narrative form and not CV format. If selected this information will be used in conference promotional literature and the conference brochure.
- Concise details of previous speaking experience
- Details of published works
- Signed and completed application form (electronic signature on submission form)
- Color photograph of speaker(s), head and shoulders in electronic format.
Original papers are
invited on new developments within TOC and or case studies and new applications
of TOC leveraging the Shoulders of Giants process in the following areas:
- Operations Management
- Supply Chain Management and Logistics
- Project Management
- Finance & Measurement
- Managing People and Change
- Integration of TOC with LEAN, Six Sigma and other improvement methodologies
- Integrating TOC rules and information within traditional IT Systems
To ensure a balanced
selection of presentations, a Speaker Selection Committee has been formed. This
committee reviews and evaluates all papers submitted. Speakers will be selected
on the basis of subject interest, suitability, topicality and quality of the
abstract submitted. Preference will be given to case studies and new ideas,
with reference to the theme of the conference. Selection of papers will be made
by the Speaker Selection Committee and that decision is final. The committee
adheres strictly to the published schedule. Late submissions will not be
considered. On line submission is the preferred method.
- The final date for abstract submissions is 1st February 2012
- Speaker acceptance or otherwise by 12th March 2012
- If selected, the deadline for submission of final PowerPoint presentations is 1st May 2012. If the presentation is large, the TOCICO will
provide access through our YouSendIT account. Changes to speaker
presentations after submission causes a great deal of rework and is the #1
source of complaints from our attendees. Please submit your final
presentation by May 1, 2012. Presentations not received by the deadline
may be removed from the program.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The breakout presentation sessions may be variable in
length. The conference committee plans to incorporate shortened "TED
TALK” formats at this conference followed by a facilitated
discussion. Alternatively a presentation could be the traditional
45-60 minutes in duration. Time may be allocated for questions and answers
within this period of time. The presentation time frame
will be communicated by March 12, 2012.
- Persons submitting an abstract are doing so with the
understanding that they agree to abide by the conditions, deadline
policies and the decisions of the organizing committee. Late
submissions may be cause for the committee to drop the presentation from
the program. If for any reason an accepted speaker is subsequently
unable to attend the Conference, substitutions are NOT automatically
accepted. The selection is made for the presentation and the speaker
as submitted. Any changes will cause the presentation to be
- PowerPoint presentations will also be published in the
electronic Conference Proceedings and on the TOCICO website. Presentations
must be in PowerPoint and utilize the standard conference template
provided by the Conference Chairman.
- A proposal must not be submitted unless each speaker is
available to appear on any day of the TOCICO Conference.
- Under no circumstances should the podium be used as a
place for direct promotion of a speaker's product, service or for monetary
self-interest. This includes use of logos on the presentation slides. The
speakers will use the supplied TOCICO presentation template without changes.
REGISTRATION FEES FOR SPEAKERS
To keep our conference as affordable as possible for all members, the TOCICO conference committee can unfortunately not provide any support or discount to speakers on travel and or accommodation fees. There is a discount in conference registration that just covers costs for the organization. In order to qualify for the lowest possible registration fees, please note that as a speaker, you will qualify for the "academic" registration fee. The process of registering for the 2011 TOCICO Annual Conference can be completed on-line at www.tocico.org.
We want to stress that the purpose of this event is NOT to sell or market your products directly but to share your valuable insights into new developments, integration and implementation experiences. Presenters may not add their company logo to the standard conference presentation template. There are exhibition opportunities and sponsorships available for marketing purposes. Please contact us for sponsorship opportunities.
The TOCICO Speaker Selection Committee can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org