All members of TOCICO are expected and required to adhere to the following ethics and standards:
- Maintain and encourage high standards of professional conduct and integrity.
- Maintain and improve sound business practices.
- Neither participate in the exploitation nor encourage the exploitation of one’s membership, company or profession for personal gain.
- Contribute knowledge and volunteer efforts to improve the general business profession.
- Hold confidential any information provided by a business and to refrain from using such information in an unethical manner.
- Share knowledge with others by participating in TOCICO research and educational activities.
- Attend professional development activities to improve one's worth to TOCICO and the business profession.
- Avoid criticism of other professionals or businesses.
Censure, Suspension, and Expulsion
- A Member may be suspended for a period or expelled for a cause such as violation of the Bylaws or rules of the Corporation or for conduct prejudicial to the best interest of the Corporation and/or the profession at the sole discretion of the Board.
- A suspension or expulsion shall be handled by the ethics committee made up of past Chairpersons/Presidents who will make a recommendation to the Board for their action. Until such time as there are enough past Chairpersons/Presidents to fill the committee the current Chairperson/President shall appoint the ethics committee members.
All active paid-up Members shall have the right to vote on the election of the Board and upon all matters brought before the membership for determination.
All voting members, unless otherwise indicated, shall have one vote, shall have the right to hold office as set forth in these Bylaws, and shall have such other rights, privileges, and responsibilities as the Board may establish